Thursday 9 February 2012

I Remember

This is a poem, I, now, know off by heart.

I remember, I remember
The house where I was born
The little window where the sun came creeping in at morn
He never came a wink to soon
Nor brought to long a day
Now I often wished the night had borne my breath away.

I remember, I remember.
The fir trees, dark and high.
I used to think their slender tops were close against the sky.
Tis was childish ignorence,
now is little joy
To know that I am further off from Heaven
Then when I was a boy.

I remember, I remember.


Depressing, no?

3 comments:

  1. A wishing poem=).

    Reminds me of when getting a room full of adults talking and the two things they will all say is 'i remember when' ,and 'i wish i were again'..

    Everything is so huge when your a child, and when grown we discover those same things were just a step.

    Great little poem=). edenz~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depressing yes! But it's beautiful :) I love that and it's very sweet. That second stanza is the perfect metaphor for dreams. Not knowing what's out there and imagining it all so perfect and endless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not depressing to me. Insightful and thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete